APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, 10TH OF OCTOBER, 2014
A must attend for Writers, Critics, and Theorists.
The British Council will offer a training programme for Nigerian culture journalists in Lagos in late October 2014 with the aim to:
- Facilitate the circulation of knowledge and experience among participants.
- Improve culture reporting practise particularly to attract a younger audience.
- Set up a network of Nigerian journalists.
- Further the role of the media within the Nigerian arts and culture sector.
- Promote exchange between Nigeria and the UK.
Participants will learn about different approaches to cultural reporting. They will develop skills and discover tools that can be used to make their arts reporting more contemporary, informed and engaging particularly for younger audiences.
The participants will:
Be current journalists including writers, critics and theorists, working for print and online magazines, newspapers, radio, television, new media platforms, or any other form of media.
- Have at least 3 years’ journalistic experience
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
For more information: http://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/culture-journalism-training