- Chairman of the Board of SOD Takes 2 Dance Company
- President & Chief Coordinator of the Spirit of David, Gospel Dance Club
- Oversees the Spirit of David, Gospel Dance Club’s 12 branches
- Performed over four hundred and fifty shows, directly supervised the production of eighty seven of these held on two continents of the world
- Chief Judge in popular Celebrity Takes 2 TV show
- Appointed Vice Chairman of the Society for the Performing Arts in Nigeria
- Selected by the United States Department of State; Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts to participate in an International Cultural Exchange Fellows Mentoring Program for Performing Arts Managers
- Awarded the prestigious Fellow of the Kennedy Centre for the Performing Arts, Washington DC
Fondly called P’Segz by peers and protégés, he won his first dance competition at the age of 10 in England, and held on to this passion all through pursuing an accounting degree at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria before going on to an immensely successful career as a professional dance teacher and Performing Arts Manager.
Yearning for more, Segun trained as an African Business Manager with the British based ETK Educational. He is certified IQ (Industry Qualification) Level 6 Organisation Award in African Business Management and also doubles as an ABM Course Facilitator.
Apart from his amazing dance talent, he is also an author, graphic and web design professional as well as a pastor and motivational speaker.
He is married to Nwando, with whom he has two wonderful children. Watch one of Spirit of David’s most memorable routines, “Oceans” and find him on Twitter @segunaplawal.