The Universities Business Challenge is the premier simulation-based undergraduate business competition open to all faculties at universities and offers undergraduates the opportunity to improve their knowledge of the business world and their employability skills, meet potential employers, enhance their CV – have a lot of fun and win cash prizes! Now in its 19th year, the Universities Business Challenge started in the UK and is going from strength to strength. In 2015 –16, 1,550 students participated from over 76 university faculties…and now, it is in West-Africa.
How does it work?
Participating in teams of up to 5 members, students adopt the role of board directors in a series of realistic, simulated companies, making all the critical business decisions that affect the company’s performance. The Learning Dynamics simulations used in the UBC are world-class, varied and challenging, ranging from manufacturing to service businesses to ensure a rounded experience.
Benefits to students
- It develops entrepreneurship and employability skills
- It develops commercial awareness across disciplines
- It helps put business theory into practice
- It enhances team working
- It develops analytical skills
- It develops interpersonal and inﬂuencing skills
- Open to all Nigerian and Ghanaian undergraduates from any faculty – preferably penultimate year students, but they can be from any year.
- Students participate in teams of up to 5 members.
When will it happen?
- Preliminaries: June, July and August for Universities in Nigeria (UBC Team in your institution will keep in touch)
- Round 1: September, 2016.
- Round 2: November, 2016.
Click here for detailed information and APPLY