Job Type: Full-time, one-year Internship
Job Title – Research Associate
You are super-passionate about some things. We hope two of those will be research and innovation. You have grit and resilience. You always find a way. You are a leader and take responsibility for the execution of your responsibilities. You have very high personal standards and take pleasure in delivering beyond expectations. You are curious about creative industries and would love to understand how they work and how they can flourish. You are confident in your ideas and love to work with people. You are not looking for a job; you are looking for an opportunity to be part of something truly amazing.
As a research associate, you will be responsible for generating the insights that drive our product and service development unit. You will monitor and submit periodic reports on trends, conduct literature reviews, collect and analyze data, prepare reports, articles and presentations and provide research support to other team members.
- Conduct literature reviews and report on findings
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepare interview and survey questions
- Conduct surveys and report on findings
- Maintain accurate records of work carried out within units
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
- Submit periodic reports on trends within assigned industries
- Prepare progress reports on assigned tasks
- Prepare articles, reports, and presentations
- Monitor media and analyze trends
- Prepare infographics to show research findings
Experience and Competencies
- Knowledge of research principles, processes and frameworks
- Excellent use of research software and productivity tools
- Multi-sector, international experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to self-direct work and delivery of same
- Ability to handle presentations to internal and external audiences
- Ability to use own initiative to solve problems
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload.
- Must possess analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work in a busy environment.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation
Mode of Application
- Send us an email to email@example.com, outlining how you would apply research to solving creative challenges (Email subject: Research and the Future of Creativity)
It’s that time of year again! Millions of students around the world are graduating from college or graduate school, armed with degrees that promise to launch their careers.
As they embark on their first job, many new graduates soon discover just how critical knowing how to write well is to their success. No matter how much technology we have to help us do our job better, we all still rely heavily on written communication to get things done. Whether it’s an email, a business plan, or a blog post, knowing how to write well is an essential skill.
Lack of adequate writing skills could become a serious career Read the rest of this entry »
Company Name: Erisco Foods Limited
Job Role: Store officer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Summary: Receive, store and issue products to both internal and external customers. Maintain proper and accurate inventory records. Monitor the movement of stock in the store
Requirements: Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognised institution. Minimum of two (2) years experience on inventory control.
For Details: http://bit.ly/28XaKcT
Company Name: Workforce Management Centre Limited
Job Role: Agronomist – Market Intelligence & CRM Officer
Job type: Full-Time
Job Summary: Provide sales force and West Central Africa Marketing Team with more clarity and insights on Nigerian agriculture, crop protection and seeds market industry. Implement, deploy, fill up CRM tool and manage reports to make information available to West Central Africa Marketing Team and Nigeria local sales force.
Requirements: Preferably agronomist or agro-economist. Good experience in data management systems. At least 3 years’ experience
For Details: http://bit.ly/290pnvk
Company Name: Save The Children
Job Role: Child Health Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Summary: The Child Health Officer in Lagos will be part of the team that will be responsible the smooth implementation of the relevant child health components of the Stop Diarrhoea Project in Shomolu LGA of Lagos State.
Requirements: A Medical Doctor with a minimum of 2 years demonstrable experience in child health interventions or related programme is essential. A public health background with demonstrable experience on PHC at LGA/smoh level will be an advantage
For Details: http://bit.ly/29fr7bb
That line between being manager and employee and buddy-buddy is a tricky one to navigate. You don’t want to be too buttoned up, but you don’t want to colour too far outside the lines either. You want to have a great relationship with your supervisor, but you don’t want to forget about the ever-present asymmetry of power. So how do you walk the tightrope of being friendly with your boss while stopping short of being close pals?
1. Leave the Crazy Parts Out
Sharing the escapades of your weekend is fine with co-workers who are also good friends, but your boss doesn’t need to be regaled with tales of your crazy Saturday night, no matter how friendly the two of you are.
A key component of any great employee is strong judgment. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes Read the rest of this entry »
It’s a universal dream to do what we’re passionate about. The only problem with this aspiration is that sometimes the thing we most care about isn’t what we do best.
Don’t worry! This doesn’t mean your dream is dead. It just means that you need to figure out how to bring that dream to fruition—using the skills you currently possess. Sure, your dream will be tweaked and altered. But, at the end of the day, you’ll still be able to do what you’re passionate about.
Here are four questions you should ask yourself to help make that happen:
1. What Skills Have Helped You Thrive?
During your childhood and school years, you’ve no doubt developed certain skills out of necessity. Think about situations that have challenged you: Is there a common thread among all of them? If so, that’s something that you’re good at. All you have to do now is figure out which field or position that skill is best suited for.
2. What Makes You Feel Strong?
“Our strengths…clamour for attention in the most basic way: using them makes you feel strong. Take note of the times when you feel invigorated, inquisitive, and successful. These moments are clues to what your strengths are.”
Consider also your go-to task when you feel overloaded. When you are overwhelmed, you want to feel in control. To be in control, you do what makes you feel strong. As you identify and focus on what makes you feel strong, you can Read the rest of this entry »
The YALI LEARNS ~ ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INVESTMENT SUMMIT is a program targeted at SME’s, micro-businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs seeking investment to enlarge or start-up their businesses. The program will also focus on the dynamics that makes a business and organization strive to success in terms of structure, marketing and finance management. Seasoned and long-serving experts in the industry will be brought together to share valid and practical knowledge on how to run and manage a small and medium business while the 2nd day will see investors and investment institutions, banking professionals, micro lenders and the Bank of Industry share durable information on what it takes to access finance to start or enlarge their business.
- To create a platform to connect small businesses to a talent pool of business development consultants and management consultants.
- To create a fora for further discussion after the event for small business and investors, angel investors and money lenders to enlarge their business or kick-start their businesses.
Some of the Speakers confirmed to grace this event include:
- Ibukun Awosika – Chairman, First Bank Nigeria Plc
- Andrew Alli – President, African Finance Corporation
- Bankole Williams – Respected Management Consultant for bluechip Organizations
- Steve Harris – Respected Management Consultant for bluechip Organizations
- Nimi Akinkugbe – C.E.O, Best Man Games (Creator of the Lagos Monopoly Game)
- Officials from Bank of Industry, Central Bank, SMEDAN
- Jide Majiyagbe – Acting CEO, SMEDAN
- Priere Emiebor – Senior Tax & Audit Professional
Date: June 27 & 28, 2016 (Monday and Tuesday)
Time: 09:00am prompt – 3:30pm
Venue: (Available to registered participants only)
This event is 100% free of charge. Register here to attend